Return to Headlines
Wildcat Points of Pride!
Wildcat Points of Pride:
- Kindness Certified School
- Gold Ribbon School
- Outdoor Learning Lab: Our garden is a Certified Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. We are also certified by the Bay Friendly Landscaping and Gardening Coalition. Our garden is organic and helps our students learn about nutrition and food systems. Our garden features a bird viewing area, a compost area, and an area for students to read, write, sketch and measure.
- Project Lead the Way: Our science curriculum taps into the students’ exploratory nature, engage them in learning that feels like play, and encourage them to keep discovering – now and for years to come. PLTW pathways in computer science, robotics and engineering engage students in hands-on activities, projects, and problems; empower them to solve real-world challenges; and inspire them to reimagine how they see themselves. Highly skilled Science Specialists with our science lab and TOPS Scientist partners.
- Computer Science Instruction
- Maker Space
- Weekly Lunchtime Student Dance Parties
- Positive Behavior Intervention & Support: PBIS is a process which focuses on improving our school's ability to teach and support positive behavior for all students.
- Kid Connection, Lunch Bunch & Social Thinking: We have 3 programs that provide students the opportunity to learn and practice positive social skills.
- Commitment to Fine & Performing Arts:
- Character Counts/ Soul Shoppe
- Google Classroom/Digital Student Portfolios/Blended Learning
- Running Club: Over 150 students participate 3X week before school.
- Student Valet: 4th and 5th graders are trained to help with morning drop off.
- Before and After School Program: ESS
- Family School Partnership: We believe a strong parent staff partnership is critical to our success. We have a very active volunteer base and our PTA is incredible! Wel host several family events each year such as, Back to School Picnic, Trick O Door, Harvest Dinner, Winter Wonderland, Bingo Night, Movie Nights, Family Reading Nights, Family Science Nights, Kite Night, Wind Festival, the How Down and so much more!
- GATE, Intervention, Student Council, Field Trips, Clubs, Drama, Science Odyssey and MORE!
We will create, celebrate and innovate because our children deserve the very best.
There are no limits on learning at Altamont Creek Elementary.