Unity Day: Promoting Kindness, Inclusion, & Acceptance
What started as a nationwide anti-bullying awareness campaign from the Pacer Center: Champions for Children with Disabilities in 2006, has evolved into an annual celebration of kindness, acceptance, and inclusion known as Unity Day.
Unity Day falls on October 21 and from October 19 - 23, our district will be partnering with The City of Livermore and the Livermore Area Parks & Recreation Department (LARPD) for a week-long campaign to bring awareness to our community about the negative impacts of bullying and positive impacts that kindness, acceptance, and inclusion can bring to a community.
See our schedule of events for the week find digital links for our daily actions below.
Monday, 10/19: Show your commitment & spread the word!
- Download a virtual background, Facebook or Instagram profile photo, profile photo option 2, Facebook cover (Spanish) to add to your virtual & social media platforms!
- LARPD's Kindness Rock Painting Kits- Drive-thru pick up 3:30-4:30pm at Robert Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Avenue.
Tuesday, 10/20: Know the facts!
- How to be aware of and address cyberbullying during distance learning:
Wednesday, 10/21: Wear Orange! Take the Pledge!
- Sign the pledge online or print a pledge.
- Print a pledge badge or draw your own & send a picture of yourself making your commitment to kindness, inclusion & acceptance to email@example.com
Thursday, 10/22: What Can You Do?
- Set intentional actions that you can do to promote kindness, inclusion, & acceptance!
Friday, 10/23: Keep Learning!