TK, Kindergarten and New Student Registration begins January 15, 2021
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
**We ask that you please read through this entire document; valuable information is even on the last line. Thank you!**
TK/Kindergarten and New Student Registration for the 2021/2022 school year is open 1/15/2021-3/1/2021. It is important to be registered by 3/1/2021.
There are TWO parts to the registration process.
- Register with the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (LVJUSD).
- Provide Sunset Elementary School with necessary documentation.
Because of the present county restrictions to in-person contact, it is suggested that you complete these processes online.
1. REGISTER WITH LVJUSD
Use the link below to access online registration through the District. Please read through all the information from the District about registration deadlines, transfers and documentation.
2. PROVIDE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION TO SUNSET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Registration is not complete until you provide the required documentation to Sunset Elementary School. You can find a list of the documents needed below.
At this time we are asking that all documents be scanned and emailed to Sunset School's Julie Kraybill. If you are unable to email the documents, please call the Sunset School Office at 925-606-5230 to make an appointment to personally bring the original documents to Sunset. (In person contact requires these documents to all be ORIGINAL copies.)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT (ALL GRADES)
Please email one scanned original document from EACH of the FOUR categories below:
Proof of Birth Date
- Birth certificate (preferred)
- Statement by local Registrar or County Recorder certifying date of birth.
Parent/Guardian Picture Identification (ID)
- Driver's License
- California-issued ID
Proof of Residence 1
- Current mortgage statement (escrow papers that show Close of Sale no later than seven days after the student's first day of school)
- Property Tax Bill
- Lease/Rental Agreement including property address, name of occupants and signatures of both parties
Proof of Residence 2
- Current PG&E bill with name and address listed
- Current garbage bill with name and address listed
- Current cable bill with name and address listed
- Current water bill with name and address listed
If you share your residence with another family (usually grandparents) and your name is not on the Mortgage or Lease Agreement then you need to fill out a shared residence form along with the person you share the home with. We will need to see documentation that the individual on the shared residence form owns or leases the property. Please complete this form.
Proof of Immunizations and Student Health History
Two items are also needed for medical documentation. Please provide:
- An original and copy of the most current Immunization Record signed or stamped by a doctor.
- A copy of the Student Health History either in English or Spanish.