What is Livermore Learns?
Livermore Learns is a parent education program designed to educate, inform and engage parents and guardians as they support their children throughout their education. Livermore Learns provides workshops, presentations, trainings, book clubs and webinars to help provide this education and support.
Livermore Learns is modeled after LVJUSD's Framework for Success - a comprehensive framework that aligns academic, behavioral, and social-emotional learning - to meet the needs of all students in our district. Just as our students are provided support and education in those three major areas, our parents will have opportunities to build their knowledge and skills around those areas as well.
Livermore Learns opportunities will be offered seasonally. We will have a comprehensive calendar of events for the fall, winter and spring. Registration is not required for parents to participate in events they would like to attend, and feedback is always appreciated.
Livermore Learns Video Archive
Academic Support and Readiness
- TK/Kindergarten Readiness - English Español (March 2023)
- Supporting Your Elementary Child's Foundational Reading Skills - English (November 2022)
- Supporting Your Elementary Student's Math Skills - English Español (November 2022)
- The Importance of Early Literacy - English Español (October 2021)
Mental Health Challenges and Strategies
- Promoting Mental Health: Local Mental Health Resources and Support - English Español (October 2023)
- Anxiety in Youth: Signs, Interventions & Resources - English Español (February 2023)
- Caring for Your Mental Health Over the Holidays - English Español (December 2022)
- Internet Addiction & Mental Health Outcomes for Children and Youth - English Español (October 2022)
- Supporting Students' Mental Health Over the Summer - English Español (May 2022)
- Children and Trauma - English Español (March 2022)
- Managing Stress & the Importance of Self-Care - English Español (February 2022)
- Anxiety and Depression - English (January 2022) Español (February 2022)
- Work-Life Balance - English Español (November 2021)
- Coping with Grief and Loss - English Español (January 2021)
Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
- Developing a Growth Mindset - English Español (March 2022)
- Social Emotional Learning - English Español (September 2021)