Livermore High School Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a well-rounded, rigorous curriculum in a safe and supportive learning environment that promotes the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional growth of all students.
Livermore High School Vision Statement
We envision LHS as a safe, happy, and supportive learning community in which:
- Literacy, critical thinking, innovation, and responsibility are emphasized;
- Diversity of thought, expression, and culture is valued; and
- Students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members are committed to helping all students to graduate with the knowledge, skills, and perseverance required to contribute and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Livermore High School Student Learning Outcomes
Livermore High School graduates will possess the following knowledge and skills needed for L.I.F.E.
L - Literacy and Critical Thinking
- Skill in reading, writing, numeracy, and the clear and logical expression of ideas and opinions in a wide variety of formats to function at home and in college, the workplace, and social settings
- Depth of knowledge in and across the content areas of English, social science, math, science, art, business, world languages/multi-culturalism, and visual and performing arts to participate as educated members of our global society and to achieve post-high school education and career goals
- Information processing and analytical skills to become life-long learners and informed decision makers in a diversity of contexts
I. - Innovation
- Skill in understanding complex problems, recognizing new opportunities, and combining knowledge of dissimilar concepts to create new perspectives to improve efficiency and effectiveness at home and in the workplace
- Technological knowledge required to comfortably adapt to current and new technologies that provide access to, and tools for managing, increasingly large quantities of information
F - Fitness
- Physical fitness, health, and consumer knowledge and skills to live a physically healthy life
- Active listening, reciprocal communication, and collaboration skills needed to build and maintain the relationships required for one’s social wellness
- Commitment, determination, and resilience skills to maintain a strong work ethic, overcome road blocks, and thrive as an emotionally healthy being
E - Ethics
- Principles, values, and dictates of conscience for functioning responsibly, ethically, and honorably when carrying out personal, social, and civic responsibilities