Hello Junction Families! As our summer comes to an end, it's time to get ready for school! Here are some important dates:
- The office is scheduled to open on Monday, August 8th. (9:00am -4:00pm). Open 7:30am - 4:00pm as of August 15th.
- Walk Thru - August 17th from 4:00-7:00pm (SEE INFORMATION BELOW)
- First day of School is Tuesday, August 23, 2022. Both Tuesday and Wednesday (8/23 & 8/24) are minimum release days (1:30pm).
- Labor Day - no school - Monday, September 5th
- Back to School Night - September 8th
- PTA's First Annual Car Show - Saturday, September 10th
- WALK THRU - This event is held at the front of the school and open to all Junction families from 4-7:00pm on August 17th. Middle school students can pick up their schedules and purchase PE clothes, our Parent Center is there to help with Powerschool Annual Student Update, PTA will be there to offer information, membership and spirit wear, we have free backpacks until supplies last, School nurses are available to answer questions regarding vaccinations requirements, and various school and community organizations will be there as well!
- Powerschool Annual Student Update - Parents should be receiving an email from our district regarding updating student information on Powerschool by August 11th. It is VITAL that this information be filled out/updated. Please remember that we use this information in the event of an emergency, so it is critical that the information be correct. Please supply an email that you check regularly and a phone number you answer regularly. While our Parent Center will be able to help during Walk Thru, the lines can get long. Please complete as much as you can, and we are happy to help with the rest! Students will not be able to pick up their schedules unless this is complete, and that vaccination records are submitted. In order to avoid delays in picking up a schedule, please make sure you have completed this information by Tuesday, August 16th at midnight.
- BREAKFAST will be served for Zero period middle schoolers ONLY from 7:15 until 7:30am. Breakfast will be served for all other students from 7:45 - 8:20am.
- Potential Middle School Athletes - In order to tryout and play for one of our teams you will need to have a recent physical on file (within 12 months of your sport starting)
The 1st Sports up are Cross Country (August) Boys Basketball (August) and Girls Basketball (October). You must be eligible and have a Sports Physical. All students participating in sports must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA and have completed the Sports Physical form PRIOR to trying out for and participating in the sports. Physical cards may be obtained from the office or from the District Website here.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES - Although the school supplies at the stores look tempting, please know that our district provides all the necessary school supplies to complete work at school. We will not be providing a school supply list for parents to purchase, as it is not necessary. If you would like to make a classroom donation, please work with your student's teacher once school begins.
DROP OFF/ PICK UP - ELEMENTARY: Parents will be able to walk their students to class in the mornings once the gates open at 8:20am. In the afternoon, students will be walked out (TK & K through the side gate by the side parking lot. 1st-5th to the front lawn) for parents wishing to pick their students up. The drive through loops in each parking lot will also be available.
DROP OFF/PICK UP - MIDDLE SCHOOL - Middle School students will enter through the side gate in the main parking lot and head directly to class in the morning. Middle school students will exit from the hall, passing by Room 3, from their last class directly to the front of the school to leave at the end of the school day.