English Learner Advisory Committee
DELAC Committee Overview
Para leer esta página en su propio idioma, vaya a la parte inferior de la página. Haga clic en Seleccionar Idioma (Select Language) y determine el suyo.
The overall goal of the LVJUSD DELAC is to improve our English Learners' acquisition of fluency in English, and to support our students as they achieve academic success. The DELAC advises the Board of Education on English Learner services and programs. DELAC member duties include:
- Development of a Master Plan for educational programs and services to English Learners
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establishment of district program, goals and objectives for English Learner Services
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with teacher and teacher aide requirements
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
All public school districts in California are required to form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) if they have 51 or more English Learner students. The committee is comprised of school staff, parents of English Learner students, and other parents and community members who are interested in English Learner programs. At least 51 percent of the committee must be made up of parents of English Learner students who are not employed by the district. DELAC members are elected by English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) members at school sites.
For more information about DELAC, please contact Marni Angelo, English Learner Coordinator, at 925-606-5209.