Instructions for Public Comment During Board Meeting Webinars
Thank you for participating in the upcoming LVJUSD Board meeting. If you are speaking to an item not specifically named on the agenda, you will be called on to speak during Communications from the Public (Item 8.0). If you are speaking on an agenda item, you will be called on after the item has been presented to the Board.
So that you are online to speak during public comment, please follow these brief instructions:
- Join the meeting as an attendee. Please confirm that your Zoom name is what you indicated on the comment form so that I can easily find you among the participants.
- When it is your turn to speak, you will see an invitation to become a panelist.
- Please accept that invitation.
- You may then unmute yourself and you may elect to turn on your camera.
- Note: If you are calling in, we will unmute you when it is your turn to speak, since the video option will not be available for you.
- After you have finished speaking, please mute your mic. Once your comments end, you can turn off your camera and you will be returned to the role of attendee. you will be returned to the role of attendee. (There is a 3-minute time limit for public comments.)
The Board is very interested in your input, so please be sure to position yourself close to your microphone so you can be clearly heard. If you would like to address the Board formally, you may want to follow this standard introductory protocol:
“Good evening Board President Bueno, Members of the Board, Superintendent Bowers, and Cabinet, I am _____.”