Learn Business and English Together
Earn a Certificate of Completion from Las Positas College in
Customer Service or Small Business Management
Livermore Adult Education and Las Positas College are partnering to support ESL students who want to earn a Certificate of Completion in Customer Service and Small Business Management. Students are enrolled in both an ESL for Business class at Livermore Adult Education and a Non-Credit Business class at Las Positas College. The minimum required CASAS score to participate is 211. Each week, students will have three hours of ESL class with Livermore Adult Education and three hours of Non-Credit Business class with Las Positas College.
The Las Positas College Non-Credit Business classes for the 2022-2023 school year are:
- 8/29/2022 - 9/9/2022 NBUS 202 Attitude in the Workplace
- 9/12/2022 - 9/30/2022 NBUS 203 Decision Making in the Workplace
- TBD NBUS 210 Customer Service
- 10/24/2022 - 11/11/2022 NBUS 205 Team Building
- 11/14/2022 - 12/09/2022 NBUS 206 Time Management
- TBD NBUS 213 Legal Aspects of Small Business
- TBD NBUS 212 Developing Your Small Business Plan
A student may join the program at the beginning of any of the Las Positas classes.
Once a student completes NBUS 202, NBUS 203, NBUS 210, NBUS 205, and NBUS 206, they will receive a Certificate of Completion in Customer Service from Las Positas College. A student who completes NBUS 213 and NBUS 212 as well, will receive an additional Certificate of Completion in Small Business Management from Las Positas College. There is a small enrollment fee for Las Positas College.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Apply to Las Positas College and get a "W Number." Here is the link to apply to Las Positas College. If you have a W Number from any California Community College, you do not need a new one.
- Register at Livermore Adult Education. Here is the link for online registration.
- Attend an orientation session at Livermore Adult Education.
- Get started!
Livermore Adult Education Registration Form