Child Nutrition During Dismissal/ Supplemental Food Support
The LVJSUD Child Nutrition Services Department is serving FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH as take-away meals for school-age children 18 and younger. SUPPER will also be provided through June 30 at both Junction and Marylin. Please note: Picking up meals for your children is considered an essential service and is allowed under the shelter-in-place order.
You do not have to attend a school location to pick up meals. Meals all for ALL students and siblings 18 and younger.
Summer Schedule (June 4 - August 21):
- Beginning Thursday, June 4, meal distribution will take place from 9:30 - 10:30am, Monday - Friday at the locations below.
- Junction Avenue K-8, 298 Junction Avenue
- Marylin Avenue Elementary, 800 Marylin Avenue
Pandemic EBT Benefits (P-EBT)
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. These food benefits are called Pandemic EBT or P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits help families in California buy food when schools are closed because of the coronavirus emergency.
- Families will get up to $365 per eligible child on their P-EBT card to use on food and groceries.
- Families with children who get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply. Most will get their P-EBT card in the mail during the month of May. P-EBT cards will begin arriving around May 12, 2020.
- Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by about May 22, 2020 must apply online before July 15, 2020. (Original deadline was June 30, 2020 but it has been extended.) The online application will be available beginning May 22, 2020 at ca.p-ebt.org.
- For more information, visit the California Department of Social Services P-EBT Website.