2019-20 New Student Enrollment
Students are automatically assigned to their home school when they start elementary, middle, and high school. If students wish to attend a school other than their home school, they should participate in the Intra-District Transfer process. The assigned home school is determined based on home address and can be found on the School Assignment Street Guide.
For ALL grade levels: Please visit your assigned school site to enroll. If you want to request a transfer, you still must enroll at your assigned school site first and then complete an Intra-District Transfer request.
*Enrollment for 2020-21 school year begins January 15, 2020. Please check back on or after that date for more information.
Required Documents for New Student Enrollment (All Grades)
To enroll a new student in LVJUSD, please download and complete the New Student Enrollment Form (Inscripción de Nuevos Estudiantes). The first page of the form includes a checklist of the documentation required for enrollment.
Please bring the completed form and one original document from each of the four categories below:
Proof of Birth Date
- Birth certificate (preferred)
- Statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying date of birth
Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Driver's license
- California-issued ID
Proof of Residence 1
- Current mortgage statement (escrow papers that show close of sale no later than seven days after the student's first day of school)
- Property tax bill
- Lease/rental agreement including property address, name of occupants, and signatures of both parties
Proof of Residence 2
- Current PG&E bill with name and address listed
- Current garbage bill with name and address listed
- Current cable bill with name and address listed
- Current water bill with name and address listed
Proof of Immunizations