2021 Science Odyssey
Our annual Science Odyssey will be done virtually this year and will remain an exciting opportunity for students to showcase their love of science and engineering to our community. We will be using the online platform zFairs for project submissions and viewing. Elementary projects will be showcased, and middle and high school projects will be showcased and judged by scientists from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Sandia National Laboratory, and our TOPS program.
Middle and high school students that wish to participate in the Alameda County Science & Engineering Fair (ACSEF) will have an opportunity to receive feedback on their projects prior to the ACSEF. ACSEF will be hosted through zFairs as well therefore students participating at the County level will be familiar with the platform used and will be able to submit their projects easily.
Science Odyssey 2021 Showcase NOW OPEN!
Visit the 2021 Science Odyssey Showcase on zFairs! You will be able to view student projects and see any special recognitions projects have received.
Follow these steps to access the Showcase:
- Visit the 2021 Science Odyssey Showcase website.
- Click on the Fair tab and select Showcase.
- Copy and paste the following showcase key: 0ddaaf0d-6783-4b4f-9c3f-
- You will now be able to view projects and awards. Student names have been hidden for privacy, but projects can be searched by project ID number or filtered by category: Computer Science, Engineering, Grades 1-5 Science, Grades 3-5 Engineering, Logo, Math & Data Analysis, and Grades 6-12 Science.
Important Dates for Science Odyssey 2021
Due by December 11, 2020: Art Contest submissions for logo design & promotional materials. Grade-level and overall winners announced on Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
December 12, 2020 - January 29, 2021: Register for Science Odyssey.
January 6, 2021: LVJUSD's zFairs site opens for project submissions.
February 28, 2020: Last day to upload completed projects to LVJUSD's zFairs site.
TBD (Original date of 3/15 has been delayed): Science Odyssey Showcase opens on zFairs for public viewing of projects. Links to the showcase will be available closer to the event.
2021 Science Odyssey Logo Contest Winners!
Registering Your Project with zFairs
In order to share your project, you will need to:
- Register with zFairs.
- Upload your finished project.
Use these directions for registering and uploading your work. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Register with an email address that is not a LVJUSD student email address. Student email accounts will block any emails from zFairs.
- You do not have to upload your project on the same day you register.
- You have one chance to upload your project. Be sure your project is complete prior to uploading.
- The last day to upload finished projects is Sunday, February 28, 2021.
- You will receive more information about presenting to judges.
- If you are also participating in the Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair you must upload your project to both Science Odyssey and ACSEF.
If you have additional questions, please contact Mrs. Brinker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!