Important Information from the District Office!
Livermore students will have a virtual learning option in 2021-22. Students in grades K - 8 will be able to enroll in a Virtual Learning Academy that will be offered through Vineyard Alternative School. High school students can participate in a Virtual Learning Program that will be offered through their home high school. Transfer requests for the K-8 Virtual Learning Academy and registration for the High School Virtual Learning Program are open now and will close on May 17, 2021.
Bike to the Moon Week
Join your students for family fun during Bike to the Moon Week! May 10 to 14, 2021
Join students, fellow parents, and teachers at Vineyard Alternative School as we celebrate Bike to the Moon Week from May 10-14 as part of May Bike Month. During this week-long event organized by the Alameda County Safe Routes to Schools Program, students, families, and school staff will track our miles and minutes of physical activity with the goal of collectively “biking” all the way to the moon, 286,900 miles away!
Participants can earn “moon miles” by participating in physical activities, such as:
- Rolling, such as skateboarding, scootering, or using a mobility device
- Taking transit
- Learning about bike safety
Teachers will remind students daily to track their miles, and students will enter their activities each day in the Moon Mileage Tracking Form, which will automatically convert activities to moon miles. Parents, as well as everyone in your school community, are invited to participate.
All participants will receive a reflective sticker, and students will receive a social media profile picture frame. Five lucky winners will receive an electronic gift card to a sporting goods store!
You can track our progress to the moon by visiting the Alameda County Safe Routes to Schools Program’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and remember to post a fun photo and tag us using #IBikedtotheMoon!
See you on the moon!
2020-2021 Welcome/Information Letter from Principal Estrada
Enrolling at Vineyard
- If you are already a student in the LVJUSD enrollment at Vineyard Alternative School requires an intra-district transfer from your homeschool. Vineyard Alternative School will take intra-district transfers only if students new to the school district are coming from another independent school/program. Otherwise, if you are new to the district and are coming from a comprehensive school, you will need to contact your homeschool to enroll there. If you do not know your homeschool please, see the district web page at www.livermoreschools.org.
- If you are new to the district and are coming from an Independent Study School/Program please go to our District website under Student Services to complete the forms and gather the documents necessary and email to our registrar firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have an Individualized Education Program (IEP), you will need to have an IEP meeting to ensure our school is appropriate (part of the federal mandate of IDEA (FAPE)) for you before a change of placement is finalized to attend Vineyard Alternative School.
Graduation Video 2020
Red Ribbon Week 2019
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Vineyard School is an alternative education school for students in grades 1-12. It provides an independent study approach to learning with the guidance of teachers. Our independent study program is voluntary and uses alternative instructional strategies that respond to individual student needs and learning styles. We offer a variety of learning models such as one-on-one instructional time with teachers, small group instruction and blended learning using online options to help meet the personal and educational needs of each student and help them attain their goals.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Vineyard School community and would like more information, please feel free search under "FAQs" or to connect with us by phone.
The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District affirms its unwavering commitment to support all students. The District mission, "Each student will graduate with the skills needed to contribute and thrive in a changing world," is a promise to each student in our District.
The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District uses a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) - a comprehensive framework that aligns academic, behavioral, and social emotional learning - to meet the needs of all students in our district. Under the umbrella of the LVJUSD framework, the three components that address students’ needs are Academics, Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS), and Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
All students in the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District are participating in the Choose Love social emotional learning curriculum during the 2018-19 school year. Students learn the Choose Love Formula: Courage + Gratitude + Forgiveness + Compassion in Action = Choosing Love Formula.
Schoology Parent Sign Up/Sign In
Parents--an email was sent out between September 29th and 31st from the district with your unique Access Code to join Schoology. If you have not done so yet, please take this opportunity to click the picture below and sign up so you have access to your student's work. If you already have an account you can use this link to sign-on.
7:00 PM School Board Meeting
May 27, 2021
June 15, 2021
7:00 PM School Board Meeting